If you are a landlord seeking highest consistent rent with best terms while minimising costs or if you are a tenant seeking to security of tenure under optimal conditions, Contact Stokes PropertyWe have extensive experience in dealing with landlord and tenant issues including:
- Advice on new leases
- Lease renewals / renegotiations
- Advices on breaches of covenants
- Rent reviews
- Rent reduction requests
- Reference to arbitration/independent expert
- Assessment of damages for schedule of dilapidations negotiations
- Residential Tenancies Board (RTB) - mediation and adjudication
- Acquisition of fee simple (ground rents)
Current work includes dealing with the two-tiered commercial lease market created by Section 132 of the Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Act 2009, which banned upward only rent reviews since 28th February 2010. We advise both Landlords and Tenants on new leases which involve up / down review clauses and often include break options and other inducements.
For more information please see the Irish Statute Book.
For lease renewal negotiations, in the absence of agreement between the parties, we provide independent expert evidence to the Courts. We also value and advise on compensation claims, tenant’s improvements and other issues that arise at the end of a commercial tenancy.
Are you a landlord or tenant seeking best advice and expert representation? Contact Stokes Property